Friday 31 January 2014

Gingham Forever

So, last day of January is here, winter's still no where to be found and instead of the nice mild weather we've been having so far, rain seems to have taken permanent residence!

Aside from that and the fact that I'm working all weekend :( , these next few months are looking pretty promising with Egypt only 5 weeks away now (eeeek :)), a week at my parents, London city break and a few pampering stays at the amazing 5 star York Cedar Court in planning! :)

Really looking forward to putting January behind and concentrating on the wonderful things to come!

One of the things that get me squealing with excitement is SS14 and the fab pieces popping up in lookbooks from every high street brand and the uniquely wonderful independent labels!

I'll be talking more about that in my next few pots, but today I would like to concentrate on one of the best trends of SS14 - gingham!!! :)






Of course, my first gingham piece of the season comes from none other than The Whitepepper :), and it is a perfect little pinafore dress that can really be worn any time of year, as you can layer it to your heart's content and can have a multitude of outfits created around it!



Black and white gingham is even better than any other colour gingham as it ticks another trend box for SS14 - monochrome! :)

I have paired my gingham pinafore with this amazing floral crochet collared Jessica  Black Cold Shoulder Blouse from Dahlia (still available in Navy and White), which I absolutely adore for its versatility and my new Dr. Martens Parade Eleanor Women's Black Patent T Bar Shoes, bought in sales from Sarenza. My other accessories include knee lace socks from New Look, my trustee black fedora from Topshop and this lovely navy bag from our local trend setter, the lovely Jane from Smash




I love trends you can wear all year round, and hands down monochrome gingham is my absolute favourite, so please forgive me if it'll pop up quite a lot in future posts! :)




Well, that's it for  my last post in January! :) I hope to be able to post a lot more starting with February and as usual I would love to read anything you might like to share, especially which are your favourite SS14 trends? :) 

Until we meet again :)

All my love,
D
xoxo














4 comments:

  1. I love gingham! I'm very excited about this new SS14 trend as well. So many possibilities... very cute dress!
    xoxo, Lindsey Dish
    http://thebeltedpear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lindsey! Checked out your blog, love your style! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Aimee! Loved your post on Egypt! Heading that way soon and I'm so excited!!! :) xxx

      Delete